Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Acceptance

Looking back at the past 6 weeks, the most difficult time I have had so far with knowing I have cancer was the first couple of days after the original diagnosis. The colonoscopy happened on a Friday and I remember the following Sunday morning I was having trouble sleeping so I got up at like 5 AM and sat out on our back porch. I believe this is when I started to accept the situation I am in.

There was a certain comfort that came over me when I realized that my heart would be improved through this process. However, I think God also wanted me to realize that He was also working on other people's hearts, such as those in my family, as they are sharing this challenge. Since the time of my diagnosis the explosion of love from people around me has been incredible.

That morning I recall that the communion service at church hit me hard. It was a difficult process reconciling with God, but immediately after the service I felt better. Since then it has been much easier to have a positive attitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home