Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Send the troops in!

I started both the chemo and the radiation today. I found out when I was at the clinic getting my chemo that I had an appointment at 4:30 at radiation oncology. When I got to radiation oncology they told me that not only was I doing the "dry run" test of the equipment alignment, but we were doing the first treatment. So we are officially on our way!

So far I have not had any side effects from anything. The only effect I have felt so far is from the steroids they gave me before chemo. That will change, but I am feeling pretty pumped right now. I am just really glad things are started. It's like we finally sent the troops in and the war has started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home