Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

After three days of treatment, all is well. I have become used to this portable pump that I am carrying and it really isn't much of a bother. The chemotherapy makes me feel kind of icky, but it isn't too bad. The main side effects that I have noticed so far are the nausea and stomach cramping. The nausea was the worst the day after the treatment and I haven't had too much of a problem with it since. I have also had a bit of fatigue in the evening time.

The radiation treatment is quick and easy. It only takes 5 to 10 minutes once they have me aligned. They have me lie down on this bench and then adjust me until my three tattoos line up with these three lasers. Then they all evacuate the room and the radiation machine spins around me and zaps me from four different directions (top, bottom, left and right). There are 28 days of this treatment which means I am due to have my last treatment on March 9th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home