Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Back Home

Well, it's good to be home. I was discharged from the hospital yesterday morning after a 5 night get away that resulted from an infection that developed in my intestines. Overall I feel pretty good and there is no more pain in my stomach which is really good. The doctor's seemed very happy about how quickly I was able to heal and I am trying to rest as much as possible so I can start up on the treatment again. Thank you everyone for your prayers and support this past week!

I am glad to see my kids again. We did not want to have them visit me because we were in the bone-marrow transplant area of the hospital so it was a real pleasure to come home to them. They are very cute! When Jackie went to the store last night she was going to take the kids with her but Sydney wanted to stay home to make sure that I wasn't alone. She is a very caring soul for a 4 year old!

Right now I am a bit concerned about the loss in weight. This morning I weighed 157 lbs, which is down 12 pounds from when I started treatment. I am going to continue to focus on weight gain, although it will be more difficult now that I have a pretty strict diet.

The next step is find out when I can start treatment again. They have told me that it could be as early as Wednesday and as late as next Monday (3/5). I am hoping it can be sooner than later as I want to minimize the impact of this last week on the overall treatment.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thinking of you Andy! So glad you are home. Love, Val, Andrew & the girls

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home