Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Band of Brothers

The people at my work did a very cool thing today. They handed out wrist bands with "Band of Brothers" written on them for everyone to wear. I am so incredibly lucky to be working at Ephibian and having the support that I get from everyone there.

Also, I decided to clip the hair. I now look just like my cousin Brad. Jackie and I both agreed that my hair was thinning on top, but the real reason I did it is for the ease of maintenance. The patch I have on my collar bone (where the port is) can't get wet, which means washing my hair can be a bit of a challenge. So now I can just use a wash cloth!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Andy I like the new look. You wear it very well. Andy keep the faith my friend. I am glad to hear your adjusting to the port.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. Jen and Darin Krohn. Make sure you rest, listen to your body.

     
  • At 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are "top-ically" liberated! Good for you - makes life easier...and you look good too!

    Susan and David Updegraff

     
  • At 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well written article.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home