Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Attack Resumes

After a short setback with the intestinal infection, the treatment has resumed! We started radiation treatment again last Wednesday (2/28) and we will resume the chemotherapy this Wednesday (3/7). My radiation oncologist was not sure what the effect of having a week off of the radiation therapy in terms of the effectiveness of the treatment. There is not enough data to know. On the good side the cancer was probably hit pretty hard from the chemotherapy since I was, so we should believe the treatment has packed a good punch so far. On the down side it is not desirable to delay the radiation treatment for a week. My doctor says after everything is considered, the upside and downside probably cancel each other out.

As of right now I have two and half weeks of treatment remaining, which means we should have the last session on Tuesday March 20th. This would place the surgery at the third or forth week of April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home