Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Phase I Complete!

Today I had the chemo pack removed and I am officially done with phase I of the treatment. We celebrated tonight by going to Fuddruckers. The next step is surgery, which should happen in 4-5 weeks. I am meeting the surgeon Monday, April 2nd.

Overall I am feeling better than I expected to at this point. I am in some discomfort but it is certainly tolerable. The main thing is the fatigue, but that should start going away in the next two weeks.

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful support! It is a real blessing to have so many great friends and family around us. Jackie has been a real superhero through this process and I owe so much to her.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So glad you have completed your round of chemo and hope the next few weeks give you some renewed energy and comfort so you can tackle the next phase! We're in your corner.

    Susan and David Updegraff

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home