Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

I was here first ...

It has been nearly four weeks since the radiation treatment ended and I am feeling pretty darn good. My symptoms are gone and my energy level is strong. I am now up to 175 pounds, which I am excited to say is more than I have weighed since about a year ago.

One of the things I am doing now is lifting weights to try and gain strength before the surgery. I think it is good for me because I can use it as an opportunity to cultivate and focus my aggression towards the disease. One of the temptations I often feel is a passiveness with the cancer. Even though I am feeling good, I do not want to let my guard down. I am still in a fight, and I must remember it is a fight in which there are no negotiations, no treaties, no cooperation and no coexistence. There is no letting up until the extinction of the disease. After all, I was here first.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am so proud of you and love you very much.

    J

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That was awesome! I like that mantra "I was here first!" Keep after it and I will keep praying for you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home