Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Monday, April 14, 2008

I have finished this phase of chemo treatment. My oncologist did not believe that I would benefit right now by maintenance pills. He says the priority right now is to heal and recover from the chemo treatments. Things seem to be improving day by day, as my fatigue is less and less each day.

In May I will get a follow-up CT scan to see if the nodules on my lungs have changed. This should give my oncologist more information as to whether they are veins, scar tissue or metastasized cancer. I am also getting a colonoscopy and seeing my surgeon for the first time in over six months.

Last week was a wake-up call for how out of shape I am. I have lost a lot of muscle mass this past year. I went out to pull weeds and a half hour into it my legs were trembling from fatigue. Then, two days later I set out to run 1 mile. As a former cross-country runner, I was surprised at how difficult this was. Less than half way into it I had to stop. I need to get back into shape and as someone with little patience, I don't expect it to be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home