Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The force is strong with this one!

After getting back from Disney World, we had a birthday party for Sydney and Josh. Both of my kids are Star Wars fanatics and so we had a Star Wars theme.

One of the hilights of the Disney World trip was the Jedi Training that Josh was fortunate to participate in at Hollywood Studios. During the training he had the opportunity to duel with Darth Vader. I borrowed this idea for the birthday party and dressed up like Darth Vader during part of the party. Each of the kids at the party had the chance to engage in a light saber battle with me. It was a lot of fun for the kids and even more fun for me!

Notice Sydney in the background of this picture demonstrating the proper light saber stance. She has excellent balance and a nice low center of gravity. I am so proud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home