Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Unfortunately, I did not qualify for the clinical trial. Turns out my tumors are not large enough (oh darn). They have me on one of the drugs in the trial (Irinotecan) and will introduce another drug the week after next. I haven't heard which one it is, but was told it would be an anti-body such as Cetuximab.

So far the side effects aren't terrible, but they aren't great either. There is more nausea this time around, but all around, I am a lot healthier than last time around which is good.

I am really happy with my oncology team at UMC. They are the greatest! I think oncology nurses are just about the nicest people there are. The Cancer Clinic has an excellent culture for what they do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home