Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Treatment plan going forward

The meeting with my oncologist confirmed my initial thoughts about the latest report. She would like to continue with the current treatment for 3 more cycles (9-weeks), and then take a 3 month break (assuming we are not surprised by the next set of scans). That means I will be off of chemo for the first quarter next year and I will most likely start up again after NCAA basketball season. This means I will certainly be in LA for the PAC-10 tournament, which of course, is very important.

In the back of her mind she is concerned that the "nodules" in my lungs are not malignant, but rather scar tissue from being in the hospital. The nodules are of a size and location that we cannot reliably get a biopsy. I am fairly confident we are dealing with cancer, however, based on the last time I went off of chemo. During my previous treatment with Folfox, the nodules shrunk to about half in size. Then in the next three months we saw these nodules double is size again. This makes me very suspicious.

This photograph is from my good friend Aaron A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home