Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Taking a break

In my last oncology appointment, we decided to take the break from chemo early, but instead of 3 months, we are going to take 6 weeks off. I am half way through the break and feeling a lot better, although I do admit being off of chemo stresses me out. We are going to do another scan in a couple weeks and see where we are at. If the nodules in my lungs have not grown, we will most likely take more time off. Otherwise, we will go back into treatment, and most likely we will switch to a different chemo protocol.

We had a terrific holiday season and are looking forward to 2009. Sydney and I both have colds and school starts up again for Jackie and the kids tomorrow. I have been spending most of my time working, writing, cooking and spending time with the family.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM , Blogger Carol Ryniewicz said...

    Hello Ron,
    I am still praying for you and just felt I should let you know. Keep me posted, I care and really want to see you through to victory.
    Your prayer partner,
    Carol

     
  • At 2:47 PM , Blogger Andy Tofel said...

    Thank you very much Carol, I appreciate it. Your prayers are appreciated.

    - Andy

     
  • At 4:54 AM , Blogger Carol Ryniewicz said...

    Hi Andy,
    I just realized I wrote Ron, sorry about that - I did know your name :)
    Carol

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home