Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

New Treatment Plan

After a 7 week break I am going back into chemotherapy tomorrow. We are going with a new combination of chemo agents based on what we know from previous treatments (this one will be the forth run). The salvo includes Xeloda, Erbitux and Oxaliplatin.

Part of me is relieved because being off of chemo gave me quite a bit of anxiety. This regimen will probably be rougher than the last one but that is ok because my oncologist believes it will be more effective. For me, the big take away from my appointment yesterday is that my oncologist feels confident that we can control the disease based on the characteristics it has presented to us up until now. He said there are many new treatments on the horizon to look forward to and our goal right now is to keep the cancer at bay.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM , Blogger Carol Ryniewicz said...

    Hello Andy~
    I read your update and I am believing for your healing. I am also praying for your wife and children as I am sure that they must need prayer as well, as you all endure this struggle! I also am praying that the Chemo is gentle yet thorough in it's combat against the cancer. Be blessed and know that the Lord is with you all.


    3 John 1:2 I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.

    Blessings
    Carol

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger Carol Ryniewicz said...

    Hi Andy,
    Just wondering how you are feeling?
    Carol

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Andy Tofel said...

    Hi Carol,

    Thank you for following my story. It has been a rough go, but right now I am doing great.

    Thanks!
    Andy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home