Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Not so great news

I found out today that my CT-scan wasn't too great. We wanted to see how effective the treatment has been over the past 3-4 months. Unfortunately, the tumors in my lungs grew 60-75%. The largest one is 1.5 cm across, which is still relatively small. I meet with my oncologist next Wednesday, so we will come up with a plan moving forward then. They may want me to get a PET scan before then to get more information.

Thanks everyone for their support. I spent the drive home after the news singing praises and it really helped. God will comfort us when we ask him to. I am confident we will get things going the right direction this next treatment cycle. I will let everyone know what the plan is once I find out.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home