Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Blood Pressure Pressure

My treatments were going very well, but unfortunately we had to stop the Avastin, which is the primary drug that seem to stabilize the tumors. One of the common side effects of Avastin is high blood pressure, and mine went pretty crazy for a while. It was up around 170/115 for several weeks. We have been able to bring it down quite a bit with a salvo of three different hypertension medicines, but my doctor would like to hold off three more weeks before we do another Avastin infusion. In the meantime, I am still doing the Mitomycin and Xeloda. The last Avastin treatment was around Thanksgiving. I am a little nervous about the next CT scan because I have been off the Avastin for a while. The scan is scheduled for Friday 1/22.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    More Reiki and prayers coming - every night @ 11pm. Relax, breathe in ... and out.... say Thank You. Not to me - you know Who. Blessings.

     
  • At 3:44 AM , Blogger Carol Ryniewicz said...

    Hello Andy, Still praying for you. I am believing that our father above will infuse your body with his love. His love can remove every bit of cancer in your body. I pray his love fills your veins and arteries and carries his love to every organ in your body. Because that is his desire for you. Blessings and complete health to you in this new year 2010.
    Carol

     
  • At 4:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home