Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Minor Setback

I got the results to my latest CT scan today. As expected the cancer has advanced slightly since the last scan three months ago. Most of the lesions have grown by several millimeters with the largest being in one of my lymph nodes (3.5 cm across). The drug Avastin seems to have held the cancer in check, but because of my blood pressure, I have been unable to get it since Thanksgiving. I am on three different blood pressure medicines and it looks like we have my blood pressure under control now. We should have a better understanding of the current situation tomorrow after we meet with my doctor. My hope is that we will be able to resume the Avastin tomorrow. I am also going to inquire about targeted radiation treatments for some of the larger lesions. Hopefully we can stabilize the tumors again and hold out for a better treatment option.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck with the appt. Andy!

    Rob Elder

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home