Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Radiotherapy Surgery Scheduled

I am scheduled for the SRS procedure to have the brain tumor zapped from my head on Friday at 1:15. Jackie has already submitted her wish list of mental changes that may result from the procedure in hopes that I come out with a sudden comprehension of plumbing skills. I am hoping for the more classical super-powers that the comic books have proven are possible when you target your brain with large doses of radiation. At the top of my list is to have my brain be suddenly WiFi compatible so I could just upload my thoughts whenever I walk through a hotspot. Hopefully it wouldn't be a superpower that becomes obsolete in 5 years after the technology changes.

Actually, my biggest issue is that I have an overactive compulsion for pontificating, but with a feeble grasp of words and stuff. Maybe they can fix that too.

On a serious note, thank you for all of the prayers and support everyone. This week has been an amazing blessing because God has shown me lots of love through the people around me.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:30 AM , Blogger Carol Ryniewicz said...

    I love the humor! You are a blessing to others too! I was thinking this week. How is it that I happened upon your blog over a year ago? There was, I believe, a higher purpose. I'm just not sure. In any case, I pray the surgery is a complete success and that the great "Super Power" God blesses you, your family and your health abundantly!

     
  • At 9:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Our family is praying for you and your family Andy. Thank you for your optimism and sense of humor. You are a strong man!

    Love,
    The Stonefeld's

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home