Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Friday, April 09, 2010

Scan Results

I got the results from yesterday's scans. Overall I think it is good news, but I was optimistic the results would be better. As far of the CT scan of the tumors in my lungs, they have remained stable for the most part. There is one in my lungs that has grown slightly, but there is also one in a lymph node that has shrunk. An important consideration is that the previous scan we are comparing the results to was from January 20th, and during that time the tumors were in a state of growth. We did not start treatment for a month later, so a considerable portion of the time since the last scan we would expect the tumors to grow. We have only been through 2 cycles of the Temodar and 1 and 1/2 cycles of the experimental drug from Canada. So when we take this all into consideration, I think the results are good.

As far as the MRI, I am not sure how to read the results. The brain tumor has shrunk from 1.6 cm to 1.1 cm, so I think this is good. However, my radiology oncologist said he did not expect it to change in size during this period. Perhaps this is good news. I meet with him next Friday, so I should have more insight then.

Thank you everyone for the prayers and support. This last week has been rough. I think the steroids are out of my system, and despite all of the negative effects they had on me, I think they did improve my tolerance to the side effects of the chemo. I have three more days in this chemo cycle, so things should improve next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home