Shield of Faith

A journal of my family's battle with cancer. On December 15th, 2006 I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. In the spring of 2008, we found evidence the cancer has advanced to stage IV.
I am 38 years old and live in Tucson, Arizona.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Results from recent treatments

I wanted to give everyone an update on my treatment. We just finished a 9-week treatment with Abraxane and Avastin. Abraxane is a drug the was originally developed from breast cancer but has shown incidental evidence that it is effective with metastatic colon cancer. Also, the biopsy had some markers that gave us reasons to believe Abraxane would work well.

The recent PET/CT scan showed a slight progression of the disease. My oncologist is recommending that we look to clinical trials because we have basically tried all of the current standard chemotherapy options. He is doing some research into the options and we meet again on Thursday.

Overall this has been a rough year as we have had quite a few new tumors and a significant progression of the disease. My hip pain has returned and I need to be on around the clock pain medicine. The good news is that there are still no signs of metastasis in the liver, and the brain tumor continues to shrink from the radiation treatment.

I continue to pray that it is God's will to heal me. Thank you everyone for your continued support and prayers.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM , Blogger Carol Ryniewicz said...

    I am believing God will heal you! In 3 John 2 God says:

    I wish above all things that you may…be in health!

    I pray for complete health, healing and restoration for you Andy! Your father in heaven desires this for you!

    Blessings :)

     
  • At 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are inspirational. At the very least, know that you've taught me to stop and smell the roses and to pick my battles. You've made a difference in my life now and I know when it's my turn, you'll inspire me again. You're very loved, Andy! You, Jackie, Syd and Josh are Always in my prayers. Liz Rivera

     
  • At 8:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Andy, you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

    Henry & Susan Guy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home